In May 2019, Chair of the WFPHA Oral Health Working Group, Raman Bedi and WFPHA Executive director, Bettina Borisch participated in the Global Oral Health Conference in Taiwan, presenting a talks on the importance of closing the gap between oral health and public health. They also spoke about the importance of developing special care dentistry capacity in the region.
Following the remarks, Minister of Health and Welfare, Chen Shih-Chung, Bettina Borisch, Raman Bedi and Taiwan Dental Association President Hsieh Shang-ting, signed the Taiwan Declaration on the Integration of Oral and General Health: 1080430the-taipei-declaration-on-health3.5.2019-.
Photo (left to right):
- Allen Ming-Lun Hsu – Dean, School of Dentistry, National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan
- Raman Bedi – Chairman, WFPHA – oral health working group
- Bettina Borisch – WFPHA Executive Director
- Chen Shih-chung – Minister of Health and Welfare
- David Hsieh – President of Taiwan Dental Association