- This event has passed.
Daily Tooth-Brushing as Part of School-Based Education Curricula Webinar 2019
October 17, 2019 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm UTC+2
October 17, 2019 at 12:30 CEST
Tooth decay is one of the most common reasons for non-emergency hospital admissions of children. As such, it is key to include in the school curriculum daily tooth brushing and, more generally good hygiene practices, to facilitate improved oral hygiene and prevent tooth decay.
The webinar will highlight successful approaches and ongoing initiatives, including the “Mexico City – Access to Oral Health for Children” project facilitated by WFPHA, as well as debate the challenges to make oral health for children a human right. The main focus will be on school-based implementation through effective education and comprehensive actions.
Participation is free, but registration is mandatory. Click here to save your spot!
This is part of the #DPHTalks webinar series lead by WFPHA Oral Health Working Group.
- Webinar Chair: Professor Raman Bedi, Kings College London
- Professor Jaime Edelson, Fundación ADM – Mexican Dental Association Foundation
- Professor Sônia Groisman, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro-Brazil
- Dr Alex McMahon, University of Glasgow Dental School
- Professor Mahesh Verma, Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, New Delhi India
- Dr Rosario Caruso, I.R.C.C.S. Policlinico San Donato, Italy