In May 2019 Professor Raman Bedi participated in the Global Oral Health Conference in Taiwan, presenting a talk with WFPHA Executive director, Bettina Borisch on importance of closing the gap between oral health and public health. He spoken about the importance of developing special care dentistry capacity in the region. The Taipei Declaration on the Integration of Oral Health and General Health with the Minister of Health and Welfare was signed.
Photo (left to right):
- Allen Ming-Lun Hsu – Dean, School of Dentistry, National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan
- Raman Bedi – Chairman, WFPHA – oral health working group
- Bettina Borisch – WFPHA Executive Director
- Chen Shih-chung – Minister of Health and Welfare
- David Hsieh – President of Taiwan Dental Association